2/27/2013

Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof Mascara

So today we are talking mascara, which I do believe is a first on my blog? I have very short, hardly noticeable eyelashes so I don't tend to ever have much to rave about when it comes to mascaras, because nothing makes my eyelashes look amazing.

I have generally always liked Maybelline mascaras, and this is their latest addition, Maybelline claim this mascara will give you clump free volume and up to 8 times more volume. Now ill be honest, with lashes like mine I tend to look for formulas that claim to add length to my lashes rather that volume, but what convinced me to try this was the brush, It's a plastic brush which is pretty big, and has lots of tiny little bristles all over it, so it's easy to catch every lash. I also wanted to try the waterproof version as I find some mascaras can transfer on my skin, so I felt this was going to be longer lasting.


This is what it looks like on my lashes with 2 coats:



As you can see, it does help give my lashes some much needed length and definition, but not much volume. Because of the size of the brush it's very easy to get it on your lids, but not as bad as some mascaras. I think the most noticeable thing about this mascara is how shockingly alike it is to another very famous mascara, Covergirl lash blast (or Maxfactor false lash effect in the UK) but with a slightly bigger brush, and the fact it's waterproof means it holds a curl better. It's got the same packaging as most of the Maybelline mascaras in this range which is always very chunky and colorful.At this point i'm sure your thinking "Being waterfroof and all, what's it like to remove?" and i'm hear to say, surprisingly easy. I use the Yves Rocher refreshing gel cleanser to remove it, but it doesn't take  100% of it off if I have more than one coat on, so it would be better with a more oil-based makeup remover.

Priced at a very reasonable £7.99 most of the time ( I have seen it in Tesco for £5.99) it's a pretty decent drugstore mascara, but my search will continue to find the one that wows me.

Available   here

-Thesparkleicious-


No comments:

Post a Comment