7/09/2012

ARK Age prepare review!

ARK is one of those brands that has one of the most interesting skin care philosophies out there. Most brands like to categorize your skin by it's type, but ARK believe in treating your skin according to it's age concerns......I won't bore you with all the details (I personally find them fascinating but i'm odd that way) but if you want to read more about the brands ethos and find out which category your skin fits into, visit their lovely website  http://www.arkskincare.com/page.php?pageId=1.


I was sent 2 products to review from the age prepare range, which is targeted at women in their teens to early 30's and are packed full of antioxidants and helps protect your skin from any damage. I got the skin refining exfoliator and the skin purifying masque, and was super excited to try them when they came....I must add that whenever i'm testing out skin care, I like to give it a few weeks before I review it because I feel they need time to prove whether or not they actually work and make any visible differences to your skin.


The skin refining exfoliator is described as a antibacterial exfoliator that removes dead skin cells, debris and grime off your skin and helps refine yours skin's texture and clear out your pores, leaving your skin smooth and soft. I tend to use a product like this around 2-3 times a week and it does indeed leave your skin feeling very soft. It has a very natural herbal scent, that I personally really like, but if you are the kind of person who likes  lightly fragrance products, this will not be for you. In terms of the actual product, it has a light creamy texture with medium sized grains in it to help remove the dead skin cells and it feels very soothing on the skin, because it's not abrasive at all, not even the slightest so if you have sensitive skin this well work perfectly for you, but personally I prefer something a little stronger, but that's just my personal choice because I like the feeling. The skin refining exfoliator is £28.00 per 75ml so it's not cheap, but it could be worse!






The  skin purifying masque is described as a revitalizing multivitamin mask that purifies the skin, absorbs excess oil and temporarily tightens pores, and has grate ingredients it in for oily skin such as clay, white tea and wild water mint. It has a soft texture, meaning it's not one that sets on your skin and drys, and has the same scent as the the exfoliator. While this mask is very soothing and felt grate when my skin was a little irritated (the price I pay for trying out so much skin care on a weekly basis!), I didn't feel like it made my skin look clearer or my pores smaller, but it did a fantastic job at soothing my skin and making it feel clean and fresh. At £25.00 per 75ml it's a little pricey but I think it would be perfect for someone who has sensitive skin if your willing to spend a little more on your skin care.




Overall, I think these products are really nice because they are very gentle and soothing, and I love the idea behind the brand, I really want to try the clearing serum, so I may report back to you on that one, but I hope you liked this post.


If you want to buy any of these products, click here-http://www.arkskincare.com/index.php

-Thesparkleicious-

No comments:

Post a Comment